In 1995, Chris Costello joined Public Sector Consulting Group (PSCG) which provides marketing, lobbying and grassroots development services to both for-profit and nonprofit organizations.
Mr. Costello is also the proprietor of C.B. Costello. LLC, which provides association management, programs, publications and services for several nonprofit associations. Among the associations served are: Maryland Business for Responsive Government, Maryland Distribution Council, Maryland Self-Insurers' & Employers' Compensation Association, Maryland Workers' Compensation Educational Association and Maryland Workplace Health Care Association.
Mr. Costello previously served as the Vice President for Marketing and Human Resources for the Maryland Chamber of Commerce, beginning in 1988. In that capacity, Chris oversaw the integration of the Chamber's communication, government affairs, membership development, membership services and non-dues revenue producing programs.
From 1982 to 1988, Mr. Costello directed the Chamber's human resources public policy issues. As Director of Human Resources, he lobbied the Maryland General Assembly and the Maryland Congressional Delegation on work, labor and employment matters, such as: Employee Benefits, Health Insurance, Human Relations, Labor Laws, Unemployment Insurance and Workers' Compensation. In addition, he represented the business community before the Department of Business & Economic Development (DBED), Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation (DLLR), the Maryland Commission on Human Relations (MHRC) and Maryland Workers' Compensation Commission (WCC). During this period the Chamber was instrumental in enacting significant reforms to the Unemployment Insurance and Workers' Compensation Laws.
Before joining the Chamber's staff, Chris was the Eastern Regional Manager for a nationwide unemployment insurance cost control consulting firm as well as an active member of the Maryland Chamber (1974-1982).
Boards and Commissions
- Vice Chairman, Citizens' Advisory Council, Baltimore Regional Transportation Board
- Member, Workers' Compensation Benefit and Insurance Oversight Committee (completed)
- Member, Governor's Commission to study the Workers' Compensation System (completed)
- Member, Governor's Commission to study the State Accident Fund (completed)
- Director, Restaurant Association of Maryland (completed)
- Maryland Employers' Guide to a Drug Free Workplace
- Maryland Employers' Guide to Equal Employment Law
- Maryland Guide to Environmental Law
- Maryland Guide to International Trade
- Maryland Employers' Guide to Labor Law
- Maryland Employers' Guide to Sex Harassment Prevention
- Maryland Employers' Guide to Unemployment Insurance
- Maryland Employers' Guide to Workers' Compensation
MBA from Loyola College and a Bachelor degree in Business Administration from Mount Saint Mary's College.
Between graduating from college and his employment in the private sector, Chris served in the United States Navy as a Naval Aviator, flying search and rescue with the primary designation in helicopters. (Highest rank achieved - Lieutenant).